Complete Product Review of Firman 1.2kva Manual Generator- ECO1990S
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE FIRMAN ECO1990S 1.2KVA GENERATOR
The FIRMAN ECO1990S generator is a cost-effective generator and a value for money for your home or small business. Although the generator is model 1990, it is rated at 1.2kva and has a recommended maximum load of 1kva. So this 1.2kva generator would be able to power your fan, bulbs, 1 TV, and 1 Home theatre. However, it is vital to load generators cautiously to prevent overload, which can break down the machine. Click here to shop for the ECO1990S generator!
FEATURES OF THE FIRMAN ECO1990S GENERATOR
- Starting system: The starting system of the FIRMAN ECO1990S generator is recoil.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: The ECO1990S generator can adequately contain 5.5 litres of fuel. Fortunately, this can last you for 9 hours at 50% load per tankful.
- Fuel gauge: The generator comes with a fuel gauge that helps you monitor the fuel available in your machine.
- 4-stroke OHV engine: The generator has a 4-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled OHV engine. This means powerful performance, precise valve actuation, excellent heat dissipation to prevent overheating, low fuel consumption and reduced noise level to limit noise disturbance.
- Automatic decompression system: This feature helps limit compression on the recoil starting system, ensuring an effortless generator starting and running.
- Capacitor: The alternator on the FIRMAN ECO1990S generator comes fitted with a capacitor.
- AC circuit breaker: The AC circuit breaker cuts off current when the output voltage exceeds the maximum output capacity on the FIRMAN ECO1990S generator.
- Starting Watts: 1300 W.
- Running Watts: 1200 W.
- Enamelled Wire: The main property of the wires is 100% copper compared to other brands of generators out there.
- Voltage Regulation: 220 Voltage and 50 Hertz.
- Phase: Single Phase.
- Low noise level: The FIRMAN ECO1990S has a noise level of 7 meters at 63dB. This feature provides peace to the neighbourhood while you enjoy the benefits.
- Weight(kg): The weight of the FIRMAN ECO1990S is 24.5kg.
WHAT APPLIANCES CAN THE FIRMAN ECO1990S 1.2KVA GENERATOR RUN?
The appliances an ECO1990S 1.2kVA generator can power alongside the expected portable appliances include;
- A small bedside refrigerator.
However, ensure you do not overload your generator.
WHICH GENERATORS THAT ARE SLIGHTLY SMALLER SHOULD I CONSIDER?
There are no smaller sizes; the difference between a 1.2KVA generator and a 1KVA generator is a couple of bulbs, so we consider them to be in the same capacity class.
WHICH ALTERNATIVES SHOULD I CONSIDER?
If you are still weighing your options after looking at ECO1990S, you might also want to consider SPG1800, SPG1800 PRO MAX and SPG2200.
ECO1990S VS SPG1800
- The starting watt for the ECO1990S is 1300W, and its running watt is 1200W. The starting watts for the SPG1800 is 1100W, and its running watt is 1000W.
- There is no DC output for the ECO1990S, while the SPG1800 has a 12V / 8.3A DC output.
- The fuel capacity for ECO1990S is 5.5 litres, and the fuel capacity for the SPG1800 is 4.2 litres.
- The running time for the ECO1990S is 9 hours at 50% load, and the SPG1800 runs for 8 hours at a 50% load.
- ECO1990S has a noise level at 7 meters of 63dB, while the SPG1800 has a noise level at 7 meters of 66dB.
- ECO1990S weighs 24.5kg, and SPG1800 weighs 24kg.
ECO1990S VS SPG1800 PRO MAX
- The starting watt for the ECO1990S is 1300W, and its running watt is 1200W. The starting watt for the SPG1800 PRO MAX is 1300W, and its running watt is 1100W.
- There is no DC output for the ECO1990S, while the SPG1800 PRO MAX has a 12V / 8.3A DC output.
- The fuel capacity for ECO1990S is 5.5 litres, while the fuel tank capacity for the SPG1800 PRO MAX is 4.2 litres.
- The running time for the ECO1990S is 9 hours at 50% load and 8 hours at 50% load per tankful for the SPG1800 PRO MAX.
- ECO1990S has a noise level at 7 meters of 63dB, while the SPG1800 PRO MAX has a noise level at 7 meters of 66dB.
- ECO1990S weighs 24.5kg, and the SPG1800 PRO MAX weighs 26kg.
ECO1990S VS SPG2200
- There is no DC output for the ECO1990S, while the SPG2200 has a 12V / 8.3A DC output.
- The fuel capacity for the ECO1990S is 5.5 litres, while the fuel capacity for the SPG2200 is 8 litres.
- The running time per tankful for the ECO1990S is 9 hours at 50% load, while the running time for the SPG2200 is 11 hours at 50% load.
- The ECO1990S has a noise level at 7 meters of 63dB, while the SPG2200 has a noise level at 7 meters of 67dB.
- The ECO1990S weighs 24.5kg, while the SPG2200 weighs 27.5kg.
IS THERE ANY COMMON MYTH ABOUT FIRMAN ECO1990S?
Yes, there is! The most common myth is that Firman ECO1990S is a 1.5KVA generator; some even say it is a 1.9KVA just because the model is 1990. The truth is that it's a 1.2KVA rated generator, and there are no original SUMEC FIRMAN generators between 1.2KVA and 2.0KVA. This is a common myth in the market and on other websites like Jumia or Konga. Please do not fall for it and overload your generator.
THIS GENERATOR IS TOO SMALL FOR ME. WHAT IS THE NEXT LARGER SIZE?
If ECO1990S is small for your needs, you should consider getting a 2KVA generator, such as SPG2500, SPG2900, and FPG2800E2. These are common choices for those interested in powering a refrigerator or small-sized pumping machine.
Check out our other product reviews here.
Here is our in-depth explanation of the difference between the Sumec Firman series.
Check out our other blog posts here.
Further enquiries about Firman ECO1990S, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our showroom at Sumec Plaza, 292 Wharf Road, Apapa, Lagos, Call or Whatsapp us during work hours at 08097002009 or 09060006940.